In order to build projects or comment on other users' projects, you need to make an account. During account creation, we ask you for a username, your country, birth month and year, gender, and your email address (or your parent or guardian's email address if you are under 13 years old). We ask that you select a user name that does not disclose your real name or other information that could identify you. Other users can see your username and country, but not your age, gender, or email address.
All of your BlocksCAD projects, comments, and forum posts are stored on the BlocksCAD servers. Other users can see your shared projects, comments, and forum posts, along with your username. Because the BlocksCAD Team is responsible for moderation, we have access to all content stored on the BlocksCAD website, including unshared projects. If you prefer to work on projects in complete privacy, you can use BlocksCAD without signing in, and save your blocks directly to your computer.
When you use BlocksCAD, our servers will automatically store a limited amount of information about how you use the website. This information includes a number that identifies your computer (the IP address), which pages you visited, and what browser you are using.
When you log in, the BlocksCAD website asks your browser to put an http "cookie" on your computer. The cookie is actually a small text file that our site can send to your browser for storage on your computer. This allows the website to remember that you are logged in when you go to a different page.
- We collect age and gender data so that we know who is using our website.
- If you forget your password, we will ask you to disclose to us your birth month and year so that we can verify your account, and your email address so that we can send you a new password.
- We will use your email address to respond to messages you send us or to communicate with you about the BlocksCAD service or your account.
- We send out occasional email updates about BlocksCAD to the confirmed email address on your account. BlocksCAD will never sell or share your email address without your permission. You can unsubscribe from these updates by clicking the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email.
- If we detect repeated abusive behavior from your account, IP address, or email address, we may share your account name, IP address, and the time and content of the abusive behavior with the IP address owner (such as a school or internet service provided).
- We may use de-identified location, age, gender, and usage data in research studies intended to improve our understanding of how people learn with BlocksCAD. The results of this research are shared with educators and researchers through conferences, journals, and other publications.
- We may disclose some of the information we collect to third-party service providers that help us manage communications to and from the BlocksCAD website and improve website performance. We are satisfied that these service providers have privacy policies that restrict them from further disclosing any of your information.
- Other than as described above, we will never share personally identifiable information about you with any other person, company, or organization, except:
- As required to comply with our obligations under the law.
- For technical reasons, if we are required to transfer the data on our servers to another location or organization.
The BlocksCAD Team has in place physical and electronic procedures to protect the information we collect on the BlocksCAD website. We strictly limit individual access to the BlocksCAD servers and the data we store on them. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot completely guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.